Repository: Oracle vs. Rochade

From: <lalexander_at_daas.dla.mil>
Date: 1998/04/03

We are in the process of making a decision regarding a repository product. Up to this point, the 'powers that be' have been leaning toward Rochade as the product of choice. However, we have an Oracle person on-site that claims that Oracle can do the same thing that Rochade can do, and is much more user friendly and less costly. My background is DB2, so I am not familiar enough with Oracle to know whether or not this is accurate. I thought I would put the question to this group in hope that someone could shed some light on Oracle's capapabilities in this area. Are there add-ons to Oracle that can perform repository functions? Is there going to be an application development effort required to 'develop' an Oracle repository that might not be required with Rochade? Our management is very big on 'out-of-the-box' solutions that require some customization, but not full-scale development.

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

TIA, Lori F. Alexander
CDSI
Dayton, Ohio