Re: BDE with Personal ORACLE.

From: Jojo <jojo_at_nowehre.com>
Date: 1998/04/03

Yikes , its that BDE again .... ; -)

Assuming that you have properly configured your SQLNET V2 , Try this , if you are using SQLLinks not ODBC , you have to change the oracle DLL that the SQLLink driver is using ... The SQLLink configured by default to use an NT driver which is not present with the Oracle on Win95... (I forgot the name ) It is something like orant72.DLL or some thing ... Try to find the right DLL supplied by oracle by searching all the DLL in your ORACLE_HOME on the Win95 machine ...
It is probaly named like orawin73.dll or oracle72.dll .... (Geezz I'm sorry I cant remember the right name )

I'm not an avid admirer of the DBE and Delphi since I only worked with it a few times and made my comparison with other database engine such as Oracle , You may encounter a few more problems with it than this one ... Maybe I'll try to use it again after a few more version revision ....

Anyway I hope this helps Good Luck ..

Jodsum
Oracle DBA
joseph_sumalbag_at_bose.com
The statement mentioned above are my own and doesn't necessary states the opinion of my clients ..