DBA OCP-tests

From: Ivan Bajon <ib_at_ed.dk>
Date: 1998/04/03

I am currently studying for the OCP test 1. I was wondering if anyone has taken the test and would help me in the right direction. I've got the Oracle Press books. They're quite a mouthful. What I'd like to know is:

  1. Is the test a killer unless you are a rocket scientist?
  2. Do the questions require in-depth knowledge of every little detail or will a general knowledge suffice?
  3. Are there any books more directly aimed at the OCP than the Oracle Press books?

I've been working with Oracle for a year now so Oracle is in no way unfamiliar to me. But the material I have is overwhelming so I need to know how to study well. I hope someone can give me a clue. I know that there are courses and cbt's but I can't afford those.