Write in C++ and DIE a DOG's death?? High speed box comming!

From: <gold_bag_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1998/04/03

Intel corp to ship 2400 MHZ Pentiums in Q1'99!! These new chips will be 10 to 20
times faster than 200 MHZ pentiums and will be much cheaper in price compared
to today's chips! 2400 MHZ chips will have very large cache memory right inside the chip!! Cache memory itself will be 300 MB! Chips are SPEEEEDING
up daily! Watch out guys high speed boxes are coming soon!!

Now a BAD news

I was reading the latest InfoWorld magazine... Did you get this news - Java is completely fragmented! Now there is HP Java, Microsoft Java, Sun Java, IBM Java,.... and so on. There is complete commotion and chaos. Customers must better wait untill the dust settles down. But when the dust is cleared Java may/may not be there!! Nobody knows who will win - Microsoft, Sun Micro, HP or IBM ?? Or Java may die! It is very sad that these big guys are killing a good language like JAVA.

You ask: "Ok..OK what is the best programming language and OS for me?"

Answer:-
Best Programming Language yesterday, today and tommorrow and in future!!

The best language to use for programming is - "PERL" Write once and run everywhere!
Perl Language which is very powerful and has all the capabilities of C++,
bourne shell scripting, awk, sed. Very productive as it does not require compiling and linking!! Perl is on all platforms and OSes. Details at - http://www.yahoo.com/Computers_and_Internet/Programming_Languages/Perl/

Also, Perl has GUI at ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/contrib/i386 and look for PerlQt-1.06-1.i386.rpm and Xforms4Perl-0.8.4-1.i386.rpm and http://www.accessone.com/~jql/perlqt.html Also Perl can interface with Tcl/Tk GUI runs on Unixes and Windows95/NT. With Perl, Qt, Tk you write Perl program ONLY ONCE and run the Perl-GUI programs on Unixes and Windows95/NT! Surprise!! Perl was there since 1980's!!!!!!! Statistics show Perl is used for 85% of
all the internet scripts (Java is 5%). Check out millions of books on Perl,
CGI in the bookstore.

Since CPUs are becoming faster/cheaper everyday (now you have 700MHz pentiums!)
it is more productive to write everything in Perl. Ofcourse, you can still write "bottleneck' modules in "C++" and use it inside
Perl program!! Most projects are generally 95% perl + 5% "C++". Many databases have perl interfaces - like OraclePerl, SybasePerl, InformixPerl,
PostgreSQLPerl....
Perl is used by every FORTUNE 500 companies in USA! Ranging from IBM, Sun Micro,
LSI, AMD, Oracle corp, Sybase corp ....

Next best is C++ most popular and powerful languages, downside requires compiling and
linking. Very time consuming, debugging memory problems will be a hell of a time.
(Perl does not have these problems)
You have C++ GUI builder for unix & MSWin "QtEZ" (write once and run everywhere!)
http://qtez.commkey.net/index.htm/ . The aim of QtEZ is to become a tool like
Borland C++Builder.
Do you know I used spend several hours/days debugging memory problems in a large
C++ programs. Memory problems are extremely hard to debug inspite of many tools
like Purify, Electric Fence, etc... I am telling you forget C++ and C and go to
PERL! Write only 5% of total code in C++ and balance in PERL. You will DIE a DOG's death writing the entire project in C++!!

Best Operating System

The best Operating System today is "Linux".

My strong advice to customers/professionals is to go for PERL language and
Linux. Also ask the experts and scientists on internet. Internet has the best brains in the world!!
I am saying "INTERNET is the World's LARGEST software company"! Is this wrong
to say so?? Hello Microsoft/Bill Gates please tell me the truth!

Hello: Are there any experts out there... your advice on PERL please!!! Received on Fri Apr 03 1998 - 00:00:00 CST