From: Lee Sangseop <hermit_at_asri.snu.ac.kr>
Date: 1998/04/03

I installed Oracle Web Server 2.1 on my origin200 server(irix 6.4). but at initial trial of createing a listener, I encountered an annoying message.
the message is like this:

Error: A failure occurred ( Permission denied ) when assigning a port  domain: icat, address: 0.0.0.0, port: 80 ). Error: Failed to start the server.
Error: The server could not initialize
Information: The server is exiting

I found a httpd daemon which the sgi system vendor created and deactivated it.
but the dead-end situation won't seem to improve. anybody who can give me a solution is welcome, please.. Received on Fri Apr 03 1998 - 00:00:00 CST