Re: A Sort Problem ( ADABAS fatser than Oracle )

From: Dave Wotton <Dave.Wotton_at_it.camcnty.no-spam.gov.uk>
Date: 1998/04/03

"Andreas Walter" <a.walter_at_dr-staedtler.de> wrote:

>I doesn't take advantage of my index because I looked at the explain plan
>of the statement after I set sql_trace = true. And I incerase the parameter
>sort_area_size but it has no affect.

I think the important bit from Andreas's posting was to either include a where clause ( eg. WHERE LAND > "" ) or to include an /*+ INDEX(ORTE I_LAND) */ hint.

Have you tried this? I'm interested in the result!

The suggestion from Andreas about increasing sort_area_size was a bit of a long-shot.

Dave.

--

To reply by email, remove the "no-spam" bit from my email address.