Re: Export Problem

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.ml.org>
Date: 1998/04/03

In article <6ftt5f$7im_at_news9.noc.netcom.net>, Alan V <alanv_at_opustel.com> wrote:
>Have you tried exporting to a compression pipe ?? Also, just because your
>database is so big, does not mean that the export file will be humongous.
>Have you actually tried the export ??

I agree, I have similar data size and it compresses to 1.2G. But I have had it occassionally get truncated with no error generated, which makes me very nervous (and I assume if I tried to import from that it would fail). Also, the uncompression on the NT side would make me nervous. Please keep us all apprised of your progress.

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest
jgarry@eiq.com                           http://www.informationquest.com