Re: a sad story for Oracle DBAs

From: Venkat <vreddy_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1998/04/03

Jonathan,
On NT open task manager and go to the performance tab. This will tell you what the current memory usage is and how much is free. Do this before you start oracle so you get an idea of how much to leave for the OS. Typically NT will do fine with 32 mb for itself (assuming it is not a file server or a domain controller etc)

Regards
Venkat