Re: Oracle on PC

From: Andrew Protasov <protasov_at_percombank.kiev.ua>
Date: 1998/04/03

Hi Howard,

We use Oracle Server 7.2.2.4 on 2 processor Pentium Pro PC with OS/2 SMP. Database contains approximately 6Gb data. Performance is sufficient for our 100 concurrent connections. Our application is banking information system.

I think you can obtain the same performance with NT 4. If you want more try some advanced RAID disk box with write cashing. Do not forget about battery support in the last case. Your write intensive operations become 2-3 times faster with write cashing.

                               Andrew Protasov