Re: Crystal Reports 6.0 time subtractions and report detail line.

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.ml.org>
Date: 1998/04/03

In article <1998033122404400.RAA05716_at_ladder01.news.aol.com>, Urkonroids <urkonroids_at_aol.com> wrote:
>hello.
> I need help with the following problems:
>
>1) how do you subract the begining time from the ending time getting elapsed
>time when the 2 fields are char strings on the same record.

I haven't tried this, but go into the formula editor and check out the functions. One is named DTSToSeconds, and seems to require a string.

>2) also I have 2 different records that need to be placed on 1 detail line.
>The 2 lines are not always right after each other. And also the 2 records are
>on a 2nd table. The first table is the main table for the detail lines.

Store into declared variables, and print with a formula?

Maybe better responses in comp.databases.oracle.tools?

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest
jgarry@eiq.com                           http://www.informationquest.com