ROLLBACK Segment Overflow

From: Daniel Gessnitzer <gessnitzer_at_ipks.de>
Date: 1998/04/02

Hi

we are using PO7 (NT4) in an industrial data collection environment. we are collecting many rows of data per second hold them on our database and remove them after certain days via a delete statement. we are new to this database, in other projects we have experience with MS-SQL Server. On some Tables the automatic deletion on data failed with an ROLLBACK Segment overflow error.

Is there way to do a deletion of a big chunk of data with a no log option? Or is there a better way to deleted many rows of data with on statement?

Because it is dificult to say how many data we get at one day it is possible to do a deletion which meets some 100Mb of data at once. The only solution we have is to split the delete transaction into some smaller, but we think that this strategie will increase the amount of time needed for this operation and this will not be acceptable for our customer. Does anyone know a common solution for this kind of problems.

thanks in advance

Daniel Gessnitzer
gessnitzer_at_ipks.de Received on Thu Apr 02 1998 - 00:00:00 CST