HELP: Generating PCL files with Report 2.5 under Solaris

From: Guy Dallaire <spam-sux-gdallair_at_criq.qc.ca>
Date: 1998/04/02

Hello,

We would like to generate PCL files with Developper 2000's report 2.5.x. under Solaris.

We know this can be done but the docs are not really clear about that. We've already added a correct PCL printer in ??/tk23/admin/uiprint.txt but when we give the name of the printer to the command line DESFORMAT parameter, it tells us the printer file is invalid !

We defined a printer queue on solaris and now it dumps core after telling us that some TFM files are missing (in FRENCH) !

The generated reports are bitmapped. Please note that we want to print to a FILE (not to the printer)and we're running the reports in BATCH

If someone knows how to do it, please tell us EXACTLY what we need to do.

TIA NOTE: To reply via e-mail, remove the 'spam-sux-' from my e-mail adress Received on Thu Apr 02 1998 - 00:00:00 CST