Re: OPER Privileges

From: Dean Mah <dmah_at_acs.ucalgary.ca>
Date: 1998/04/02

terrie dickson wrote:

> Dean Mah wrote:
>
> > How do I find out what privileges people in the oper group have?
> >
> > Config: Oracle 7.3.2 on AIX 4.1
> >
> > Dean

> I'm not sure how you are using the term group, but I'll try to address
> the question at a general enough level that you can apply the
> information to your setup.

By group I meant an UNIX user group. Oracle uses two groups in UNIX, the dba and the oper group. The oracle account on the UNIX server must be a part of the dba group. This lets you connect as internal with needing a password and gives you the privileges to create databases. Now this is supposed to be a privileged role OSDBA while the oper group is supposed to have the privileged role OSOPER.

I was wondering how I can view what's currently assigned to those roles and how to change their assigned privileges. I've queried DBA_ROLES and can't find anything like OSOPER or OSDBA. So I'm wondering if these roles can be altered or if they are handled differently by Oracle.

TIA,
Dean Received on Thu Apr 02 1998 - 00:00:00 CST