Re: Rebuild Index

From: Mohammed Ghouse <ghouse_at_mnsinc.com>
Date: 1998/04/02

Rebuilt is faster.
During rebuilding, the old index is not dropped. THe old index (instead of the table) is used to create the new index. So the application using the old index need not be stopped. Once the new index is created, the old index is dropped. This also means that you need to have enough space to hold both the indexes during the rebuild.

Mohammed Ghouse
Sr.Oracle Consultant
QAD Inc.