Re: Renaming Tablespaces

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_p3.net>
Date: 1998/04/01

Hi Cheryl,

Try the following:

  1. Create an export file with the DDL of the tables you want to relocate
  2. Edit the DDL file to change the tablespace of each table and index
  3. Export the data itself
  4. Make a backup
  5. Drop the tablespace
  6. Create the new tablespace
  7. Create the tables and indexes using the DDL file from step 2
  8. Import the data with the IGNORE option set to Y

Regards

Jerry

cheryl_ploegstra_at_chugachelectric.com wrote:

> Has anyone had any luck renaming a tablespace in Oracle (7.3, AIX)? I've got a
> database where the main datafile has the same name as the database itself,
> which makes it's confusing when the database is cloned to a new name.

        {SNIP}

--
Jerry Gitomer		Since I know how to spell DBA I became one.
jgitomer_at_p3.net