Oracle 8 - object types

From: Marco Savard <marco.savard_at_silverrun.com>
Date: 1998/03/31

Hello,

    I'm using Oracle 8. I have a problem with object types in Oracle 8. I entered the
following statements in SQL-Plus on my Oracle database:

create type obj_t as object (
  a char,
  b ref person_t);

create table obj (
  a number,
  b obj_t,
  c person_t);

When I consult how this information is stored in the database by entering the following query:

select table_name, column_name, data_type   from user_tab_columns
  where table_name = 'OBJ';

I got the following results:

TABLE_NAME: COLUMN_NAME: DATA_TYPE:

obj           a            number
obj           b            obj_t            --ok
obj           b            person_t      --b was not declared as
person_t, but rather as obj_t
obj           c            person_t

I want to get my three original columns (a, b and c) and their corresponding data types (number,
obj_t and person_t). How I can know that b was declared as obj_t and not as person_t ?

Thank you for your help.

Marco Savard
marco.savard_at_silverrun.com Received on Tue Mar 31 1998 - 00:00:00 CST