Listener process out of control?

From: <martinpg_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1998/03/31

I had an interesting problem at work today. My harddisk was completely full whereas on Friday I'd had at least one gig of free space. I'm running Oracle7 on Windows NT 4.0. It turns out that a file called listener.trc to be found in <oracle_home>\network\trace was over one gig in size. I deleted it, and then re-installed Oracle7, only to find that I was losing hard disk space at the rate of 1M a second.

A far as I can tell, when my TNSListener service was running it was writing out a "log" to this file. Can anyone tell me what is going on and what is the best solution to this?

Thanks for any help...

Martin Received on Tue Mar 31 1998 - 00:00:00 CST