Re: How to set a global database name?

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: 1998/03/31

On 31 Mar 1998 11:03:53 GMT, "Hilbert" <850593_at_mirl.itri.org.tw> wrote:

>According to Oracle's documentation, a database's global database name is
>comprised of two parts:
>a name component (DB_NAME) and a network domain component (DB_DOMAIN).
>
>For example, if DB_NAME = sales and DB_DOMAIN = mirl.com.tw,
>the global database name is sales.mirl.com.tw.
>
>I have set the DB_NAME and DB_DOMAIN to the above values in parameter file.
>But the results retrieved by "select * from global_name;" is sales.world.
>(world is the default value of DB_DOMAIN)
>
>Is there any thing wrong? How to change the DB_DOMAIN of a database?
>(I am running Oracle 7.3.3 on NT.)

ALTER DATABASE RENAME GLOBAL_NAME TO sales.mirl.com.tw;

Regards,

Jurij Modic                             Republic of Slovenia
jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si		Ministry of Finance
The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Tue Mar 31 1998 - 00:00:00 CST