Re: multiple instances

From: Doug Carter <dcarter_at_tui.com.au>
Date: 1998/03/31

The magic word here is NT. I can only pass on hear say and rumour (as all my Oracle experience is on Unix) but a lot of the DBA's I have spoken to have indicated it is either not possible or not worth the effort to put more than one Oracle Database on each NT box. (Due to registery issues and the limitations of an intel based system). This may have changed with Oracle8. I would not have bothered replying but you did not seem to have much of a response to your mail.

Cheers,

Doug Carter
Database Administrator
TUI Consulting