Re: help on calling stored procedures

From: Neil Chandler <oracle_at_tchp2.tcamuk.stratus.com>
Date: 1998/03/31

In article <1998032723382001.SAA18800_at_ladder01.news.aol.com>, SteverR wrote:

Steve,

Assuming you have not mis-typed, the most likely cause for this error is not being able to see the stored procedure or package in question.

When you compile the Pro*C, are you connecting to the database as the owner of the package? If not, then a (public) synonym may be required to point to the package or you may need to GRANT EXECUTE on the package to the connecting user:

create public synonym PACKAGE_NAME for OWNER.PACKAGE_NAME; grant execute on PACKAGE_NAME to CONNECTING_USER;

regards

Neil Chandler