Re: temporary tablespace performance

From: Paul Bennett <bennett_at_cc.gatech.edu>
Date: 1998/03/30

Even more information (as I do research throght the day...)

I have two servers. One Novell running oracle 7.1 and One NT running 8.0

I did an export of the db from novell and imported it into NT. NT runs queries a lot faster, however, there are these queries that are using temporary_tablespace in NT, but do not in the novell 7.1 version and therefore the queries are completing immediatly.

I have run these reports on the NT version before with previous imports of the data and have not had these problems, so I think it is an oracle 8 server side setting that I must have modified between different imports of data from the oracle 7.1 server, or it was the column expantion as noted from my previous posts.

Thanks.