Re: Extracting DDL from Oracle

From: <manoj67_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/03/30

Hi,

 You may try using EXPORT/IMPORT Oracle Utilities to get the scripts. This is one of the easiest method without having to worry about writing sqlscripts from oracle data dictionary.

----Details as follows----

The EXPORT FILE contains all of the CREATE statements required to recreate all of the database objects that were exported. This is useful for further analysis and for documentation.

By using the INDEXFILE keyword, the CREATE INDEX statements can be written to a separate file.

The file specified by INDEXFILE parameter contains all of the create INDEX statements that appear in the EXPORT FILE itself, including the storage parameter. We can use this file later to create index.

Good luck,

Manoj Jain