Re: Export/extract just Stored Procedures

From: Steve Sochacki <steve.sochacki_at_eds.com>
Date: 1998/03/30

mzawadzki_at_starnet.lenfest.com wrote in article <6fgu26$o10$1_at_news1.fast.net>...
> use sqlplus and select against DBA_SOURCE. This should give you a
> start.
>
> "Steve Sochacki" <steve.sochacki_at_eds.com> wrote:
>
> >Is there anyway to export/extract just the stored procedures? We have a
> >test database that is used for development and they're all in the same

I currently have SQL to select all the source from DBA_SOURCE. However, it lists all stored procedures in one file. I haven't found a way to execute this file as a whole to 'create' all the stored procedures. To parse out this file into separate ones for each stored procedure would be very time consuming. For now I just extract the source from both databases and compare them. This highlights the differences and I manually adjust the model office database. But me thinks there has to be an easier way. Received on Mon Mar 30 1998 - 00:00:00 CST