Re: Question regarding database connectivity from Java via JDBC 4.0

From: <abhijit_jadeja_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/03/29

Yes, Indeed it is possible to do. You can download it from oracle site. It is very easy to do it so. It is accurate. You can run it from a java program and from an applet as well. There is a catch.

Because you neet global connect privilage to run an applet, you'll always find security exception on netscape at least.

In my case it was:
applet on one of the free web servers,
database on the other server
I could not execute it because of the security exception. I need to take a security certificate for that. But I could run that applet perfectly well from java's applet viewer.

In the case of java program, it works well.

You need to have class111.zip java classes for thin JDBC. you may put it in the same directory. class111.zip is for jdk 1.1.1 I suppose..