Personal Oracle replication - HELP

From: Kszysiec <kszysiec_at_polbox.com>
Date: 1998/03/29

I have some Oracle replication question: I have one simple replication system - two masters and only one schema. I use an example from Oracle doc Volume II : Replicated Data. 1. I create users remotesys,repadmin and worker and database links to second master site. ( I use example)
2. At master definition site user worker create table exmpltbl with several rows.
3.At master definition I create master repschema ( 'worker' ) , master_repobject ( exmpltbl ) and generate replication support. ( using Oracle example :) )
4 Everything works fine when I resume master activity - repschema has status Normal
5 When I suspend master activity repschema has status Quiesced 6 When I add master database procedure has finished OK but repschema at this site ( masterdef site) has status Quiesced and I cannot change as worker table exmpltbl ( system is quiesced ) 7 As repadmin at second site ( master site) check view repcat and repschema - repschema has status Normal. When I execute at this site resume_master_activity - an error has occured : connection description for remote database not found.
8 At masterdef site in view repcatlog I found 7 rows with status await_callback.
9 At master site as worker I can use replicated table exmpltbl but it is empty - when I add rows and execute dbms_defer_sys.execute at changes is not propagated.
10 What is wrong ? Why an example not work correctly ? Can anyone help me ?

                Krzysztof Wrona

                              kszysiec_at_mamut.isi.wat.waw.pl
                             kszysiec_at_polbox.com