Oracle Export question.

From: hpdba <hpdba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1998/03/29

Hi guys,

Here's a hypothetical situation.

I have a table (table-A) that needs to be exported and imported with compress=Y to reduce the number of extents. I plan to drop the table before importing it so the import creates a large initial extent. Another table (table-B) has a referential integrity contraint that refers to the table I want to export/drop/import.

If I perform the export, drop table, and import as planned will the integrity constraint in table-B be lost because I dropped table-A during the process? If so, will the constraint in table-B be restored when I do the import for table-A?

I have not found much discussion on this in the DBA admin books I have.

Thanks in advance. Received on Sun Mar 29 1998 - 00:00:00 CST