formatting output in sql window.

From: Steve Raftery <sraft_at_webvision.com>
Date: 1998/03/27

Can anyone help me out with formatting the output of queries in the sql window. Some character fields are too long to fit neatly on the screen so they wrap themselves around.
like varchar2(200);
I know there is a way to format the output something like this.

select longcolumnname format A12 from table_name where id=id;

Can someone give me a quick example of the correct syntax to do that.

Thanks in advance.

--
Steve Raftery

Webvision