Initializing SQLDA by hand

From: <Jim.Feller_at_MCI.com>
Date: 1998/03/27

Is it possible to initialize SQLDA by hand? I would prefer to have my SQLDA struct be allocated on the stack and initialized subsequently. Here's how I tried to initialize it:

      V = new char*[N];
      L = new long[N];
      T = new short[N];
      I = new short*[N];

      S = new char*[N];
      M = new short[N];
      C = new short[N];

      X = new char*[N];
      Y = new short[N];
      Z = new short[N];

      I[0] = new short[N];
      S[0] = new char[cNameSize*N];
      X[0] = new char[cNameSize*N];
      M[0] = cNameSize;
      Y[0] = cNameSize;
      for(int i=1;i<N;i++)
      {
         I[i] = *I+i;
         S[i] = S[i-1]+cNameSize;
         X[i] = X[i-1]+cNameSize;
         M[i] = cNameSize;
         Y[i] = cNameSize;
      }

The V,L,T and I are initialized later. A core results. Has anyony done this with success? For now can use the sqlald() function and live with it being on the heap, but I'd like to know if it's possible to safely do the job of sqlald and sqlclu.