SQL Plus client-side temporary files?

From: Tim Romano <tim_at_superstream.net>
Date: 1998/03/27

Does SQL Plus write any temporary files on the client workstation?

We've installed the Oracle 7.3 client on Citrix. In SQL Plus, when running a SELECT query with a moderately large join between two tables (2,000,000 X 200,000 rows respectively), after a few minutes, we get this (Citrix) message:

"Hidden Console of WOW.VDM
D:\WINFRAME\system32\. A temporary file needed for initialization could not be created or could not be written to. Make sure that the directory path exists, disk space is available, and that the user's home directory is valid."

We can reproduce this error, and so far it has occurred only with this query.

TIA,
Tim Romano Received on Fri Mar 27 1998 - 00:00:00 CST