Re: Oracle & ANSI SQL

From: Chris Hamilton <toneczar_at_erols.com>
Date: 1998/03/26

Scott Dinnis <dinnis_at_ct1.nai.net> wrote in article <351A8A02.43B8D801_at_ct1.nai.net>...

> Am I correct in my knowledge that Oracle 7.x only supports ANSI SQL-89 ?
> Does Oracle 8 support the 92 standard ? My problem is that I want to use
> a CASE statement and Oracle 7.3 does not want anything to do with it.
> CASE is part of SQL-92 but not SQL-89. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated. Thanks.

Try the DECODE function. It can act like a CASE statement for some purposes.

Chris

Chris Hamilton -- toneczar_at_erols.com
City of Washington Pipe Band
http://www.serve.com/cowpb/chamilton.html Received on Thu Mar 26 1998 - 00:00:00 CST