Re: DBMS_SQL.PARSE Question

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/03/26

A copy of this was sent to peter.schneider_at_okay.net (Peter Schneider) (if that email address didn't require changing) On Wed, 25 Mar 1998 23:01:35 GMT, you wrote:

>On Wed, 25 Mar 1998 13:57:22 -0600, snapondba_at_hotmail.com wrote:

[snip]

>Hi David,
>
>the version of DBMS_SQL.PARSE which takes a PL/SQL table of VARCHAR2
>as input for the statement is available in Oracle8, but not in 7.x.
>You have to use the normal version with just one VARCHAR2 parameter
>for the statement.

the version of dbms_sql.parse that lets you pass a table of varchar2(256) for really long statements was incorporated into the database with version 7.3...

You can declare your statement to be of type dbms_sql.varchar2s instead of just varchar2 and pass a table of strings in that will be glued together to make the entire statement...

>HTH
>Peter

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Thu Mar 26 1998 - 00:00:00 CST