Re: Anyone using "use_readv" ?

From: Kristiaan J. Kolk <akolk_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1998/03/26

use_readv is used for vectored reads, meaning that we can read multiple database blocks in one I/O to different places in the buffer cache. The actual number of blocks read is limited by either the UNIX kernel (normally 16 or so) or by the maximum IO size that is supported by Oracle on your platform (64K, 128K or sometimes even larger).
Im my own experience performance benefits will differ from platform to platform. So try with and without ....

Anjo.

I work for Oracle, but I speak for my self ......