Re: Does anyone run oracle Webform successfully using Netscape4.03?

From: Jason Pepper <jason_at_steamer.u-net.com>
Date: 1998/03/26

Absolutely.

Tabs work fine. ALL functionality within Forms 5.0 is supported through Web Forms if you use the Applet Viewer.

Until Oracle announce a compatible browser patch that is supported this is the only way of deploying an application (through Dev2k 2.0) that Oracle will support.

This (as far as I am aware) is not an issue with Oracle, it is an issue with the browser companies who are unable (or unwilling) to produce a compliant JDK 1.1 browser that is certified by Oracle.

Yes, you can run the forms in Netscape 4.0.4 with the patches, and Yes you can run them in IE4, but there are bugs that do not occur when using the Applet Viewer - my interpretation of this is that the browser's are getting closer but they are still each a little divergent from the virgin code.

--
===
Jason Pepper  Phone Mail : +44 171 691 7298