Re: Oracle on SUN --> Oracle on DEC Aplha + Digital Unix ?

From: Alexey Reshetov <real_at_kpbank.ru>
Date: 1998/03/26

Dan Norris (dann_at_sky.net) wrote:
: I have worked on Suns and DEC Unix boxes. My experience (and the
: marketing numbers support) that DEC beats Sun in many of the
: ratings for processor speed and IO rates.

: We support many clients that use DEC UNIX and have never been happier.
: Some of those shops also run Suns (but no oracle on them) and their
: comparisons are that DEC boxes are faster for the money. I've worked
: quite a bit with Oracle on DEC UNIX and I find that, while it isn't the
: first UNIX platform that Oracle develops on, it's right near the front.

: I would recommend DEC.

: Dan

I'm agree completely. I suppose that Digital Unix is a really best platform for Oracle server.

Alexey Reshetov
real_at_kpbank.ru Received on Thu Mar 26 1998 - 00:00:00 CST