DBA Tools question

From: Sanjay Rallapally <sanjay_at_oseda.missouri.edu>
Date: 1998/03/25

Hi all,
I have just taken over a rather messed up database( I mean messed up baad!!!). There
are tables with over 300 extents !! I can reorg TSes manually and can do cold/hot
backups etc. Have scripts to do that. But, in order to cut down on overtime and
heartburn, I need some advice from the gurus. Here goes 1. could you suggest tools for DB management or is OEM suffiecient. By tools I mean
Platinum's TSReorg( or is there something cheaper) ? 2. Tools for backup like Legato/ or Backtrack? which is the more popular one?
3. Do you lay down database/db-object design rules, and other database design
strategies, like a formal document? I was planning on doing that , since I have a team of
Mainframe programmers to manage?

sounds like a tall order, but please help. A bag of the best dark roast to those who
help (:-) )
TIA,
Sanjay Received on Wed Mar 25 1998 - 00:00:00 CST