Re: Usefullness of Platinum's Postings

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.ml.org>
Date: 1998/03/25

In article <35195a5f.5774684_at_news.teleport.com>, Jonathan W. Ingram <jingram_at_spam.less.teleport.com> wrote:
>On Tue, 24 Mar 1998 01:57:58 +0200, "Billy Verreynne"
><vslabs_at_onwe.co.za> wrote:
>
>>I may have been a bit short with Janis (I failed diplomacy 101), but I
>>really believe that this newsgroup is not the right forum for vendors to
>>push their products.
>I don't see anyone complaining about postings from Cam White regarding
>RevealNet's offerings, which is just as much advertising as the
>Platinum postings are. Why should anyone complain about Platinum
>posting if they're not also complaing about RevealNet's postings?

Because if you go to their site, you can actually get useful technical information. The DBA Pipeline could even be considered to be in the spirit of this newsgroup. Can the same be said of Platinum?

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest
jgarry@eiq.com                           http://www.informationquest.com