Re: Is there a limit to the number of parameters being passed to a stored procedure?

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/03/25

A copy of this was sent to "Thor HW" <thor_at_Echidna.net> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Wed, 25 Mar 1998 08:58:03 -0800, you wrote:

>Thomas:
>There is a limit. When we were building SDO we hit it for the number of
>coordinates that you could identify in a procedure. Although I still think
>those should've been passed as PL/SQL tables, looking at the definition for
>MD they do not go beyond 255 parameters, so the limit might be there.
>
>Thor HW

must have been very specific to SDO then cause I ran the 750 in/out parameters test in 7.1.6, 7.2.3, 7.3.3, and 8.0.3. I've coded routines (unfortunately) with more the 200 in parameters....

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Wed Mar 25 1998 - 00:00:00 CST