Re: indexes and database links

From: John H. Yates <yates_at_sas.upenn.edu>
Date: 1998/03/25

A DBA from the remote site says:
"When you are accessing a table accross a database link, you do not have access to the remote database's data dictionary. Effectively you cannot use any of the indexes on the remote machine." Is there a privilege required that they haven't given us to be able to use the indexes? I find it difficult to believe this would be the default for searching Oracle databases. If you have access to the database table itself, you should have access to its indexes, no?

John