Re: Oracle on SUN --> Oracle on DEC Aplha + Digital Unix ?

From: Dan Norris <dann_at_sky.net>
Date: 1998/03/25

I have worked on Suns and DEC Unix boxes. My experience (and the marketing numbers support) that DEC beats Sun in many of the ratings for processor speed and IO rates.

We support many clients that use DEC UNIX and have never been happier. Some of those shops also run Suns (but no oracle on them) and their comparisons are that DEC boxes are faster for the money. I've worked quite a bit with Oracle on DEC UNIX and I find that, while it isn't the first UNIX platform that Oracle develops on, it's right near the front.

I would recommend DEC.

Dan