Re: NT OS passthrough authenication

From: Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/03/24

"Albert K. Lee" <albert.k.lee_at_hydro.on.ca> writes:

> Is there any limitation on using the NT user authentication instead of the
> Oracle system password file authentication? I am wondering whether the OS
> passthrough method will lose some controls on table access permissions
> etc... at the expense of convenience.

There is no limitation. Oracle uses the same method of authorization no matter how the user was authenticated.

One exception, though, is that if a user is authorized through the Advanced Networking Option. In that case, the roles that a user gets are controlled by whatever mechanism ANO uses.

--
                                Rick
                                Rick Wessman