Re: 7.0 Oracle Parallel Server Option on VMS 5.5 ???

From: Kristiaan J. Kolk <akolk_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1998/03/24

I have got some knowledge on OPS and a couple of things could be happening here:
1) the import does an insert into a table and index, the file(s) that these objects

    reside in can have objects that are being accessed by the other instance. You

    get what is called False Pinging. Now two situations are possible:

  1. you don't have gc_files_to_locks set at all (easy just set it and assign some locks to each file)
  2. you have gc_files-to_locks set, but didn't apply enough locks.
  3. False pining on the segment header of objects -> increase gc_segments (default is 20, to some larger value).

Now if you would show me an output from v$system_event, while this is happening I can tell you some more about this.

Anjo Kolk.

I work for oracle, but I speak for myself ....