More on Oracle8 performance

From: <larionov_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1998/03/23

A couple of hours ago I posted the message about poor Oracle8 performance as compared to Oracle7 perfornmance.

I've got new details:

When I have a large query (which runs for about 20 minutes) the performance of the small queries significantly drops, even these queries query different tables.

Again, I should say, this does not happend on Oracle7 database.

Seems like the system does not like when there are a few concurrent queries.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you!

Michael.