SQL*Net2

From: Siu vinvin >__at_ <vinvin_at_glink.net.hk>
Date: 1998/03/22

Hi, I've install SQL*Net2 client in my home PC and the Oracle server is installed in "Server_B". However, I only got "Server_A" unix a/c and can load 'sqlplus /' in Server_A and query the remote "Server_B" database. The authentication here is "operating system authentication", which means sqlplus login using UNIX login/passwd. The TWO_TASK environmental variable is 'abc'. (Note: there is no Oracle and SQL*Net Listener in "Server_A". Besides, TWO_TASK variable is defined in UNIX and find in TNSNAMES.ORA file
in 'Server_A')

my client (MS Windows) SQL*Net configuration (TNSNAMES.ORA) is: host: Server_A
protocol: tcp/ip
database instance: abc

Since there is no listener in Server_A, connection between my SQL*Net clients
and Server_B database can't be established. Error msg is displayed as "ERROR: ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination".

If the host in SQL*Net change to "Server_B", however, since I haven't got a UNIX a/c in Server_B, so error msg "Invalid username/password" displayed as my Oracle a/c is Operating System Authentication.

Therefore, what should I set in order to have a connection between client (me) and the back-end oracle server under this situation? Received on Sun Mar 22 1998 - 00:00:00 CST