Re: Reorganize tablespace system

From: Michael S. Abbey <masint_at_istar.ca>
Date: 1998/03/22

On Sun, 22 Mar 1998 21:54:05 +0100, Olivier Bercovitz <oberco_at_club-internet.fr> wrote:

>Hello everybody,
>
>My tablespace system is splitted to 3 datafiles and I would like to
>reorganize it
>into one datafile only.
>How can I do it without recreate the database ??
Unfortunately, since it is the SYSTEM tablespace, you will have to recreate the database. As you are more than likely aware, this is not the case with non-SYSTEM tablespaces.

Michael

+  Michael S. Abbey    Ottawa Canada
+  Co-author of Oracle8: A Beginner's Guide
+ and 5 other works in the Oracle Press Series