Re: Usefulness of Platinum's Postings

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_acay.com.au>
Date: 1998/03/22

thomasj_at_platinum.com wrote:

> This message is in response to the posting made by Mr. Billy Verreynne (text
> of post is included below). We at Platinum do not want to be viewed as a
> nuisance or as in the business of spamming. Platinum does not believe the
> postings I have made are spam (defined as non-relevant or off-topic mass
> e-mailing or postings). Each posting has been to highlight a Platinum tool
> that can help with a problem that was already posted to the mailing list.

PMFJI I think you should restrict yourself to technical answers. This NG is for people who are willing to help for free, Platinum products are not for free, ergo not in the spirit of the NG. If you want to advertise Platinum products, please do so on comp.databases.oracle.tools or comp.databases.oracle.advertising.

As a maker and seller of ORACLE tools as well as a professional consultant, I have many opportunities to sell my wares here, yet I refrain from doing so and restrict myself to only answering technical questions when I have the time and the ability. You should do the same.

I know the Platinum products and have personally worked with some of them.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_acay.com.au Received on Sun Mar 22 1998 - 00:00:00 CST