Re: 7.0 Oracle Parallel Server Option on VMS 5.5 ???

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/03/21

From: Glen Shortliffe <glenner_at_cyberdude.com> While talking about Parallel Server Option and load application said >> the performance on the primary machine due to the import on the backup was severely hindered. does anybody know why? <<

Being familiar with PSO I would suspect that you have a disk bottleneck. Even though you moved the cpu and memory load to the other instance, you still have one set of shared disk and the I/O activity is still directed to the same devices. I would suggest that you look at your disk distribution and where the concurrent applications are doing their I/O. You may need to redistribute your files, use Oracle or Os level stripping, or take related type actions.

.
Mark Powell -- Oracle 7 Certified DBA
- The only advice that counts is the advice that you follow so follow your own advice - Received on Sat Mar 21 1998 - 00:00:00 CST