Connection problem: ORA-12203 and ORA-12154

From: Steven Cools <Steven_at_digimap.be>
Date: 1998/03/20

Hi,

a little explanation about my current situation:

Oracle 7.3 is installed on a central server (Netware 4.11 - Windows). Several client machine (Windows 95) can succesfully connect to this server (for example by using SQL*Plus) but there are problems with 1 client machine.
I get following error message when I try to connect with SQL*Plus (with the same parameters as used on the other client machines):

ORA-12203: TNS: Unable to connect to destination

or sometimes:

ORA-12154: TNS: Could not resolve service name

I checked both errors and their (possible) solution and the manual says that I
should check TNSNAMES.ORA but..the other client machines use the same TNSNAMES.ORA so that can't be the problem...

Any other suggestions ? If you can please forward them to Steven_at_digimap.be

greetings,

Steven Cools   Received on Fri Mar 20 1998 - 00:00:00 CST