Optimal GROUP BY

From: Wilhelm Thieme <w.thieme_at_consunet.nl>
Date: 1998/03/20

Hi,

I want to set up my database for the best performance possible for group by operations.

The tables to be aggregated are huge (> 100 000 000 rows).

We are using Oracle Parallel server 7.3.3. on a 14 node MPP.

Any suggestions about database parameters, (TEMP) tablespace configuration etc welcome

Wilhelm Thieme Received on Fri Mar 20 1998 - 00:00:00 CST