Re: ORA-1933 on create view

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: 1998/03/20

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998 21:58:43 +0100, Olivier Bercovitz <oberco_at_club-internet.fr> wrote:

>Hello everybody,
>
>on a database (V7.1.6) , connected as system, I try to do this :
>
>create or replace view temprpt_free as select tablespace_name,sum(bytes)
>free
>from sys.dba_Free_space
>group by tablespace_name;
>
>and I have the error : ORA-1933 : cannot create a stored object using
>privileges from a role
>
>What can I do ? which grant ? (I have dba role granted)
>
>Thank for your help (please don't send me the explanation of the error
>from the Messages Manual ! I read it :-) )

Grants from roles doesn't apply when you are creating views. SYS should grant you an explicit privilege, like

   GRANT SELECT ANY TABLE TO SYSTEM;
or

   GRANT SELECT ON SYS.DBA_FRE_SPACE TO SYSTEM;
>Olivier

Regards,

Jurij Modic                             Republic of Slovenia
jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si		Ministry of Finance
The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Fri Mar 20 1998 - 00:00:00 CST