Need help with Oracle Suite purchase

From: <chuda_at_eacc.com>
Date: 1998/03/20

I would like to choose several Oracle products to accomplish the following:

  1. Host 30 databases (to be migrated from various legacy systems and MS DBs)
    • The DB tables will be revised
  2. 3 terra byte data (containing mostly text, occassionally images,MSWORD)
  3. Several applications to interface with the database(s) (Write interfaces to go across several DBs to return the appropriate results)
  4. Monitor performance (number of users, say, 2 million users)
  5. Fine tuning
  6. Data Replication
  7. Reports

My first cut has the following products:

1) Oracle Web Server Enterprise Edition with web appln server
2) Developer/2000
3) Designer/2000 (Or SapphireWeb)
4) Programmer/2000
5) Web Development suite
6) Image Objects (Power Objects)
7) SQL Reports 3.0

I am not familiar with the Oracle suite. I gathered these information from the website. I am sure I am missing a lot of items to accomplish my needs. I am looking for suggestions and comments in choosing the Oracle products to suit my requirements. Looking for a cheaper and cost effective package solution.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
John